I need a hearty breakfast, but I often find myself hangry and shovelling something unfortunate into my face-hole by the time the kids are up and ready to eat. Praise the Lord and Pinterest for this recipe.
Hearty Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls
- 2.5 lbs. red potatoes, cubed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- Olive oil spray
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 cup (or so) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut red potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Put in a bowl, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and mix to cover well.
- Bake for 45 mins or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Make scrambled eggs – whisk 6 eggs and 6 egg whites and add to pan with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- Add potatoes, eggs, salsa if desired and cheese over 6 bowls.
- Reheat 2 minutes in microwave, stir, heat for additional minute.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15 g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 6 g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 208 mg||69 %|
|Sodium 697 mg||29 %|
|Potassium 1364 mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41 g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5 g||20 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 20 g||41 %|
|Vitamin A||14 %|
|Vitamin C||34 %|